Sunday, November 3, 2013

As one door closes...

I have thought about the day I would finally graduate college many times. Although this will not be the last time, it is the first and most important.

I have made friends.  Friends that share my interests and goals.  I have learned lessons that will not be found in any books.  This is the culmination of two years of finding out what my strengths and weaknesses are.  It is a new beginning for a girl who never knew what she wanted or where she would go.

The truth is, I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but at least I have skills that will lead me in the right direction.  Of course I am nervous about what comes next.  What school will I attend to earn my next degree?  Will I be able to find employment in this less than promising job market?

I don't know.  What I do know, is the people and experiences that I have gained during these years, I would not trade for any job.  So even if I end up right back where I started, I know that I tried, and I enriched my life in the process.

So the only question left is where will I go from here?


No comments:

Post a Comment