Thursday, January 30, 2014

Are you Drunk and Baking?

Last week, I had a bad day. 

Most of you reading this are probably thinking something along the lines of 'So what?' or 'So did I.'  But for me to say a day was a bad day, it had to be grueling to get through.  I generally don't take things to heart.  Words don't get to me.  People don't get to me.  For the most part, I lead a fairly quiet life with minimal drama and not much to complain about.

However, this day was different.  It was one of those rare days when everything I touched went awry.  Nothing I needed was available.  I spilled things, broke things, made errors at work, ran late, lost things. You get the picture.

So on this particularly bad day, I went home and did what I always do when I need to feel better.  I had a beer and baked a cake. 
Please, like you don't drunk bake. 
I love to bake. It doesn't matter what, I try something new each time.  I don't like sweets, and I rarely eat what I bake, but something about it calms me. One day, maybe I will be able to start my own bakery.  But for now I do it because I love it. 

I am always looking for new ways to challenge myself too.  My next challenge...


It might not be your cup of tea, but what is?  What activity takes your mind off of your problems and helps you to relax?  Is it painting, or doing the dishes? 


Comment below and I will choose a response to try next time I need to relax.  I will write about it and you could see your name in my thank you section.
--M.E.
P.S.-You're awesome. 
         Pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment