Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Who Cares?

It is funny how in certain situations, the people that you least expect to hear from will be there for you and those that you are waiting for, may be no where to be found.  You see, it's not distance or time that makes people close, but depth of conversation and emotion. 

As most people that know me have probably already learned, I was into the hospital for an emergency surgery on Sunday night.  What surprised me most is who I heard from during my two days in the hospital. 

In that time, I was wished well by childhood friends that I haven't seen or heard from in years.  Thoughts of me were sent out from men and women I went to high school with and have not had contact with since.  I had some visitors that I expected and some that I expected didn't show.  Family from out of state called.  Friends came long distances just to let me know they were there and they cared for me.  It was a surreal experience. 

Here is what it made me see.  It doesn't matter how often you speak with someone, what the history is between you, whether they are near of far, what your work schedules are, who you see regularly, who you are dating, who you love or how you know them; some people will care for you no matter the situation and some will not.

Now don't get me wrong, I am extremely fortunate and grateful that so many of you were concerned and sent your thoughts and prayers my way.  I was also a bit disappointed that there were people I had hoped to hear from, and did not.  But it shows every one's true colors.  Life is full of events that make you see how those in your life see you.

Be grateful for those that care whether or not it is expected and accept that whether it is because of some great kindness you once showed them, a deep relationship you once shared or a simple act that kept you in their heart, you are not alone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I truly hope that you are well; godspeed w/your recovery...

    ReplyDelete